Negativity Coming Your Way? No Fear! Here are 20 Things To Do When Having A Bad Day
Hey there lovely dolls! Guess who’s back to sprinkle some fairy magic so you can have nice day! Aha, I Am! 🙂 It’s a New Year and so far I’m loving the positivity that is oozing from the Blogging Community and just individuals at large. I don’t know if it’s the magical feel and start of a new year but I am definitely not complaining. Like always, I like to stress that I believe in balance and not always will your day go in your favor. So let’s look at things to do when having a bad day! Let’s do some fun things so negativity doesn’t tip the balance!
1. Take a moment of silence to reflect. When I’m feeling overwhelmed or like my sunshine needs help shining from behind the grey clouds, I just sit and think of things that make me smile. Whether it was a silly thing my friend said to me or a puppy/cat cat vid I watched (yes, how can you not be obsessed with cute fluffy animals), I try to conjure up those thankful thoughts to put a smile on my face.
2. Watch animal vids! Lol I know you saw this coming, here’s a cute one I got sent recently thanks Anjelly!!
3. Take a walk! I recently read a brilliant post by Rebecca on a brilliant book called Mindfulness for Walkers. I think it’d be such a lovely addition to your walk. Think of it as a refresher course for your mind.
4. Listen to music! Many studies have shown correlations between music and brain activity and how it can affect your mind. Listen to music that makes you happy and let dopamine flood your brain!
5. Practice controlled breathing exercises. Take some of those slow deep breathes you see all of those yogis doing. Trust me, it is so relaxing and can definitely calm you.
6. Meditate! Yes my above mentioned can be linked to meditation but this is still entirely different. There are loads of ways to meditate but all result in you clearing your mind and focusing particularly on a calm center. Other forms of meditation include reciting small little prayers or simply emptying your heavy heart to God.
7. Have a pajama dance party! There are some days I feel so out of it and just don’t feel like leaving home so I stay in my room in PJs, blast my speakers and have my solo dance debut.
8. Give yourself a pep talk! I should’ve put this earlier on the list because this is important. Sometimes you need to hear yourself say out loud, “You got this!!” & you do! Just be patient with yourself. #SelfLove2018
9. Treat yourself to a DIY Spa Session. Honestly, practising self care is so important. You need to be able to mellow down and relax and you can do that in the comfort of your home! Crank up the bath bombs and aroma candles!
10. Watch a movie! Whether you go to the cinema by yourself (No it’s not sad, I actually do it from time to time) or load up a FREE flick, learn to enjoy your company. Comedies are usually the best because lol laughter fills the soul but just watch whatever makes you happy.
11. Visit a pal/fave family member. Personally I enjoy being by myself when I’m a bit cranky but you may not and may need some kind words or a friendly face to help cheer you up. So call up that bff and see what their plans are…Shots anyone?!
12. Maybe disconnect from social media for a bit? I’m not saying run away and leave your social life behind but sometimes that’s the head thing stressing you. You may be getting overwhelmed by constantly having to keep up with everyone and just need a breather. Side not: That’s absolutely OK and here’s a great post by the lovely Meera on the topic.
13. Take a nap! It may sound like I’m telling you to run away but I assure you, I’m not. Sometimes sleep deprivation can be linked to stress, this means the less you sleep and maintain a healthy sleep cycle, the more susceptible you are to feeling stressed easily. Overworking your body is not always intentional but remember your body and mind needs rest too! If you need help sleeping checkout the app Headspace or speak with your doctor.
14. Excercise! Excercise! Excercise! Aha whether it means going for a swim, going on a hike or maybe hitting up the gym, the slightest amount of exercise can do a lot for your day! I can surely get you in a productive and better mood. If you need a little motivation check Bexa’s latest post on Fitness Motivation.
15. Venture Out! Time to get out the house and go on a mini adventure! Go visit some local places of interest like the museum or maybe an art gallery or just go to the beach and have a nice day.
16. Indulge a bit…I’m a huge foodie (and seriously love chocolates) and some of you may know this from my previous post on my Blogger Award. I believe you need to satisfy that little guilty pleasure from time to time. So go buy yourself some ice cream or have a little candy.
17. Go on Pinterest! There are tons of inspo over there…Now hurry, go! Well maybe after you’ve read and liked my post, pretty please stay a while.
18. Did someone say a Sale?! Lol go and have a little retail therapy and shop a sale at some of your fave brands.
19. Whatever your fave hobby is, JUST DO IT! Mine is art, so one of my fave things to do when having a bad day is to draw. Comment below and let me know what your hobbies are!
20. Write down all the things you love about yourself! You’re amazing and you need to remind yourself of this, make it a daily routine to keep motivated. Stash it in a cute journal so you can read on days you’re feeling down.
Thank you for reading! Don’t forget to subscribe and please remember to be kind to yourself and there’re always things to do when having a bad day!