Easy DIY Advent Calendar
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” *hums Michael Bublé* Hey dolls! Can you feel it? It’s soon December 1st, which means it’s soon Christmas and I’m over the moon! My friends and family know how particularly annoying I can get around this time of year lol but it’s all within good reason. I mean, ’tis the season to be merry right? In this post I’ll be sharing my long overdue DIY Advent Calendar. I love any opportunity I get to create things and have fun with it. Below I’ll show you a simple follow along process of how to make an awesome calendar for the season. Mine will follow my 12 Days of Blogmas layout and will only facilitate twelve (12) tiles but you can create one with as many days as you wish.
Here are all the things you’ll need to create this fun DIY Advent Calendar:
- A thick cardboard or cover stock. This is just to have a sturdy platform/base.
- Paper (either something colorful or simple white) and a printer
- Free printables from sites like freepik.com, pngtree, Country Living, Sutton Place or anywhere you find free ones. If not be sure to give credit to the creatives behind the ones you do find.
- Markers, glitter pen and glue (you can get from your local stationary if you don’t have)
- GLITTER! lol tons of glitter to make this season sparkle…If glitter is to messy then you can use glitter foamsheets.
Now lets start this DIY Advent Calendar!
- Get your cardboard (mine is a 12″ x 10″) or cover stock on hand, paper and some glue. With this size cardboard I was able to glue my paper in center. If you can’t get card that size, simple cut off 2cm from each size of your paper and that should allow you to have a border.
- Next either take your glue and paste some onto the edges that makeup your border and sprinkle your glitter (please allow to dry before moving onto the next step) or you can cut stripes of your foamsheet to make your border.
- Look for your free images to print, afterwards cut them into squares and rectangles to achieve a collage arrangement. If you don’t like that look, cut yours into equal squares according to the amount of days you want on your DIY Advent Calendar. After you decide on your arrangement, be sure to only glue one edge of your image so you can get an open door effect.
- Now you’re almost finish! Time to get those markers and glitter pens, write in the space behind your image door with whatever you desire. Fun idea, you can have an inspirational quote for each day of your calendar. For me I wrote in the days and stored a schedule of what’s appointed to each day on a spreadsheet (lol I can’t escape my business savvy ways).
There you have it dolls! A simple DIY Advent Calendar that you can stick (with double sided tape) to around the house, in your dorm or anywhere you fancy. I’m sticking mine on my cubicle wall at work to remind me of my 12 Days of Blogmas. BTWs I’m totally excited to share all my Blogmas Posts with you guys. This is my first year and I have loads of awesome content coming your way. Take some pics and either email me or tweet me all your cool calendars…even the ones you decided to buy.
Thanks for reading! Until next time…Lena out!