My First Blogger Award: The Liebster Award
Hey Dolls! Guess which newbie blogger got nominated for their first Liebster Blog Award?! ME! *inserts thank you speech here* My cheeks are rosy and I’m flashing the goofiest smile ever as I sit and type this. I am EXTREMELY elated by this gesture, the fact that a fellow blogger, Ally+Kat thought my blog was good enough to be nominated fresh of the block. I was unaware of this award until I recently saw it buzzing around the blogging community on Twitter. Behind my screen I thought about how nifty it was to see people being so supportive of others and one day hoped an olive branch would extend my way…To my disbelief it did!
Basically the Liebster Award lends support and helps create a buzz for some worthy new bloggers with a small following. It helps connect people and it’s a great way to learn more about the hardworking people behind the blogs. After your nomination you have a small and simple set of rules to follow in order to keep the engagement high and circulate some love. I will list them after I’ve answered the following questions from Ally. Let’s begin!
1. Why did you want to be a blogger? What was your inspiration to blog?
Blogging for me means you get a chance to be heard, you get to share all of your ideas and opinions with an endless possibility of people. It’s a great way to meet people and I love meeting new people and learning about their experiences. I really wanted to be a blogger in hopes to inspire others and take charge of my creativity. I’ve wanted to launch my blog for some time (everything happens for a reason and it led me here) but my biggest fear was that I wasn’t sure if people would read or be interested in what I have to say.
2. What is your favourite blog post you have done?
My fave post is not a review or a shopping haul are anything foodie related, instead I’d have to say it’s my tribute to my dear friend. It’s a really special post to me not just because she inspired me to spread my wings and fly but it truly warmed my heart to see her reaction when I shared my blog launch with her as well as the tribute.
3. What is a quote you live by?
“Like the wind, she is free” This is a quote and mindset I adopted in the past year. Sometimes I think we overlook a lot of the freedom and privileges we have especially the small ones. So many articles and news broadcast children and young people my age who aren’t entitled to voice their opinions or make basic choices like what to wear, eat, etc. I thought to myself never take your time and freedom for granted. You are free to speak, free to make a difference as small as it may be, you are free to choose…And I choose happiness.
4. If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
Honestly, lol I think this is a pretty cool question. My choice would stem from narrators of my fave TV series (lol I love to binge shows, I have a series tracker and all, big hail to Sidereel!) I have so many cool options but I feel like I’d lean towards Sarah J Parker, more particularly Carrie Bradshaw.
5. If magic was real, what spell would you try to learn first?
What do you mean if magic was real? There’s magic all around us silly just look a little harder, besides I walk around sprinkling pixie dust everywhere to spread cheer. Ha ha! If I had to get technical I’d start with teleportation/time travel.
6. Who is someone that greatly inspires you and why?
I think this has to be my hardest question. So many people (those close to me, those I barely know and the ones I wish I got the chance to meet) inspire me for so many different reasons.
7. Any pets? Pictures are great!
Aww does Nintendogs count? I ALWAYS wanted a pup! My mom hasn’t come around to it as yet though.
8. In 3 words describe yourself!
Sanguine, Artsy/Stylish, Zealous
9. What is a goal you wish to achieve soon?
Internal peace…I want to get to that point where I have a sound mind and I’m not always surrounded by so much negativity.
10. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you be?
So many beautiful and exotic places to see! I’d be sipping margaritas and diving in the Maldives or Fiji or prehaps backpacking across Europe? hmm
11. What would you tell your younger self right now?
With a tear or two in my eyes, I’d tell her you’ll transition beautifully, just have patience, you’re WAY stronger than you think, you are more capable than you think. Do not be afraid to reach for the stars…And I’d give her a really tight hug for good luck.
Now for a few random facts about me!
- I’m an only child
- On the occasional late night when my mind won’t shut off, I stay up and write poems I hope to one day share.
- I love the art of tattoos and have a few, The next one I plan to get will be one of my designs 🙂
- I love sushi!
- I take great joy in trying and making new dishes.
- I’m a Capricorn
- I love knowing that I can help others in any little way I can. We all need a hand from time to time.
- I’m basically ambidextrous but I’m a true lefty!
- I’m a thrill seeker so I’m always down to have fun.
- I work dealing with business development and projects
- I LOVE Christmas so much lol
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are my questions for you:
- What inspired you to start a blog and what is your blog about?
- How did you find your initial blogging journey?
- If you could morph into one animal, what would it be?
- If you were given one (1) wish to be granted this week what would it be?
- What are three (3) things on your bucket list?
- Who’s your favorite character?
- If you could star in any movie what would it be?
- What would you say is your best attribute?
- Any useful tips you’d like to share with aspiring bloggers or dreamers?
- If you had an alter ego what would you name him/her
- If you had $1000 what would you splurge on?
My Nominations go to:
Thanks for ready and I’m sorry it was so lengthy but I hope you still had a good read. Again, I’d like to say thank Ally for giving me hope in my blog’s ability and helping me keep my faith in my decision to be brave enough to take a leap at doing something I truly love.
Talk to you soon Dolls!